Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
All links verified on or after March 2, 2017
List of Works
[Declaration of Independence]
Be sure to also visit our American Historical Documents page.
The Declaration of Independence (July 4, 1776) [gbf(HS),GBWW,GI,HTR,HC]
Though some minor alterations were made by Benjamin Franklin, John Adams and others, the document is wholly the work of Jefferson.
[Top of page]
- MultiFormat (HTML, EPUB, PDF, Kindle, Text) at Project Gutenberg
- HTML (single page) at the National Archives
- HTML (single page, 11 KB) at the University of Oklahoma Law Center
- HTML (Single page, 10 KB) at the Constitution Society
- Text file (9 KB) at the Constitution Society
- Hi-res JPG (134 KB; Not readable) at the Constitution Society
- Audiobook (MP3, Apple M4B, Ogg Vorbis, Speex) at Project Gutenberg (Read by Jim Cadwell)
- Audiobook (MP3, Apple M4B, M3U, Ogg Vorbis) at Librivox (Read by Jim Cadwell)
- Audiobook (MP3, Apple M4B, M3U, Ogg Vorbis) of The Articles of Confederation, the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address at Librivox (Read by Michael Scherer)
Available at Amazon.Com:
- Paperback edition of The Constitution of the United States of America, with the Bill of Rights and Amendments 11-27; and The Declaration of Independence (National Center for Constitutional Studies, 2015, 52 pg).
- Thrift Paperback edition of The Declaration of Independence and Other Great Documents of American History, 1775-1864 (Dover Pubns, 2000, 64 pg).
- Audio CD edition of the Unabridged U.S. Constitution & Declaration of Independence (BN Publishing, 2016).